Saturday, October 27, 2007

We heard baby's heartbeat the other day. The doctor placed cold gel on my tummy and ran a Doppler around my stomach. The first sound we heard was my heartbeat. He did this for a while until we heard thump, thump, thump, thump, thump at a pace that seems to be twice as fast as my own heartbeat...BABY. He said that it's heartbeat is strong and consistent, everything seems to be developing as it should and we should see him in another month. It became real to me to hear the heartbeat of my own child. This creature is completely different than me or Ben but it's life is totally dependent on me. Ben told everyone that day how amazing it was to hear his baby inside of me. When he left for work that day he said, "I Love you, both of you."

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Hooray! Baby! :D Glad to hear that the little "kidney bean" baby is doing well.