Monday, October 29, 2007

Have you ever felt that it is hard to stand out as a Christian in a world that is so much louder and more pretentious then you? Where sincerity means you make sure everyone around you knows and sees what you are doing? Where you have to shout in order to be heard, where you have to be above and beyond everyone if you want to be recognized? As Christians, how do we fight these battles? How do we live a contrary life as Christ taught us to have humility rather than pride; meekness rather than strength? It has been hard for me to know how to be a light to the world. I feel as though I am going against the current. Do I strive to be like the world? Do I conform myself to how the world wants me to behave? Do I have to be bigger, better, or bolder in order to be known? How will Christ be seen through me? I don't know the answer.

No comments: