Friday, January 26, 2007

Lately I have been in a constant state of distress, wondering what I should do about my job situation. I have not heard from the lady I am supposed to work for, and I am not sure I want to take the job anymore. There are other job openings in Louisville where I can work in the healthcare setting, and it's tempting to wait for those opportunities. For the past week, I have been agonizing over the decision. On one hand, we could really use the money from the nanny job, but that's not what I want to do. I'd feel awful if I do get the nanny job and I had to turn her down.

I have a really hard time letting God be in control and trusting him to provide for us. I don't know why I have such a hard time trusting in God. I have the reassurance of salvation, I have a wonderful husband and a loving family, I have what I needed for a warm and wonderful home, yet I am still unsatisfied with this state of my life. It is difficult for me to be at peace. My mind constantly wanders and I am unable to be satisfied. I pray for peace and God's forgiveness for my thoughts and my discontent.

LORD, let my heart be still.

No comments: