Sunday, January 21, 2007

Ben and I are finally settled in. We have a nice two and a half bedroom apartment, which is a lot more spacious than our first one. Ben tends to be a little possessive of his study. I have to ask when I want to use his desk for writing. Our apartment is nice but a little white, so tomorrow, I am going to paint the apartment. I am so excited to make this place our home for the next three years.

The move in process has been really good. We had the opportunity to explore the city and there is so much to do. Kentucky has many great restaurants, parks, and shopping. The weather will be really nice in a couple of months if you want to come and visit. We LOVE visitors. Ben and I are still in the process of looking for a church. So far, we really enjoyed the ones we've visited.

I think I've found a job. If I get hired, I will be a nanny for two kids on MWF. The pay is really good and it should take care of a large portion of our expenses. Praise God for taking care of our needs.

Ben and I are doing well overall. For the first few days, I was a little sad from missing home. After I learned how to get around, I felt less homesick. We met with our neighbors the other day and they answered many questions that we had.

So that was the moving process. I am sorry we can't update you individually but if you email us, we usually respond. We love you guys and will keep you updated.

No comments: